Myghin
Balamb Junior SeeD Candidate

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character sheet
Sex: Female

PostSubject: A Study Spot   Wed May 07, 2008 11:32 pm

The light was soft as it filtered into the room through the opened blinds. It playfully touched the wood of the desks, finding its way slowly into every single corner of the classroom. It fingered the strawberry blonde braid of the only student in the room. She wasn't sitting in a desk either, but was on the floor, her materials spread out in front of her on the carpeted floor. Her legs were tucked up under her, and her uniform was slightly rumpled, as though she'd carelessly pulled it off and stored it the previous night.

Her hair was messy, sliding out of the braid, and her eyes looked tired as she tried to study for her last final exam. Her glasses even looked dull, as though she'd slept in them the night before and hadn't cleaned them. A half-eaten meal from the cafeteria was beside her, apparently forgotten. The only thing that her fingers were still curled around was the cup of hot tea, which must've been the only thing really keeping her going.

The soft humming of the study panels were the only noise in the room aside from the occasional scratch of pencil on paper, as she marked the things she knew she needed to remember. The scratching slowly grew further and further apart, and she didn't realize it, but she was leaning further and further over. Steam slowly rose up off of her cup, and she very lightly begin to doze, jerking herself awake just enough to lift the small cup to her pale lips. Not even the caffeine was helping now. Before too much longer, she was leaning back against the desk, her head lolling forward to her chest as she lightly napped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Character sheet
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 am

Casually walking through the hallway, Oren made his way to the classroom to get some data from his workstation. He'd been a tad lazy the day before and hadn't done a whole lot to finish making the Guardian Forces examination that was to be given soon.

As he peered through the doorway, he saw Myghin napping at one of the desks in front of her study panel. He flicked on the lights to the room and moved toward his desk, turning it on and accessing his files. Reaching under his desk, he took out a blank piece of paper and crumpled it into a ball. He took aim and tossed it at the young girl in hopes of gently hitting her and waking her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:28 am

To her credit, her tea was not spilled, even as she jerked away, her eyes suddenly sharp and predatory, her training taking over for a heartbeat. Upon seeing who and what exactly had hit her, she relaxed, blearily looking back at the papers. "Instructor Sjet... what are you doing in here? You don't have class today, do you?" She reached up and rubbed one of her eyes, almost sleepily before downing the rest of the tea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:31 am

He smiled a little bit and started typing at his terminal as he answered. "No, just coming here to work on the exam. I was a bit lazy yesterday, I'm afraid." He reached up and scratched his head a bit as he chuckled. "What about you? You're in here all alone...you look very tired, Myghin. Did you sleep last night?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 am

"A bit... just this last final and then I'm done for Spring. I can't wait for vacation time." She yawned and stretched slowly before she began closing up her books, one by one. "What about you? Are you going anywhere for your vacation?" She adjusted her glasses on her face, making certain that they weren't crooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 am

Oren shook his head as he continued typing, moving the hair out of his eyes. "Not likely," he replied. "Chances are I'll be here for the majority of the summer unless I'm called out on a mission. Aside from that, I'll be here or in Balamb."

He reached into his pocket and unwrapped a chocolate bar, taking a small bite and setting it on his desk. "And what about you? Big plans for the summer?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 am

"Nah. I'll get some kind of job in Balamb unless an interested candidate mission comes up, you know? I might help Nell out in the hotel or something until then." Sighing, she stuffed her books into her bag, and she reached up to feel her hair. A small frown crossed her lips, and she deftly undid and re-braided her hair without looking. Tying it off, she stretched again before getting up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:42 am

He nodded slightly as he looked up from his terminal. "Yeah, with any luck the trains will be up again so there will be plenty of business there over the summer, right?" Oren finally stopped typing, inserting his disk into the terminal and copying the files to it before taking it out and placing it into his bag and shutting off his terminal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 am

"... About the trains... Will SeeD be sent in to deal with that? I mean... It's getting pretty serious if neither the rebels nor the soldiers care if the trains run through Timber." Myghin tried to mask the worry on her face, but it still shone through. So, instead, she looked away, down into her bag. "Normally someone would have had them back up by now, and I just..." She trailed off, unable to voice her fears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:51 am

"If things continue as they have been for much longer, I'm quite certain that SeeD will be sent to intervene," he said, looking over at the young girl. Oren walked over and patted her on the shoulder. "It's very unlikely that it would cross over to Balamb so don't you worry about that."

In actuality, he wasn't sure how things would unfold regarding that. It would be a fairly easy job for SeeD to take care of and he, himself, wondered why measures hadn't been taken to do just that.

"Cheer up, Myghin," he smiled. "I'm sure it will be all taken care of before the summer is over with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 am

"I'm not worried about it spilling over, sir. As soon as it hit Balamb, Garden would remove the issue. I just hate that Galbadia Garden doesn't take care of it. We take care of our problems, why don't they do the same?" Myghin's fist clenched, and she forcibly relaxed it. It was unseemly for SeeDs to show such anger toward a fellow Garden, and she didn't want to be considered any more of a lowly candidate than she had to be. "I just wish that they would deal with it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 1:01 am

Oren nodded quietly, "Yes, it would be nice if they took care of the problems in their part of the world, however...it seems that they're taking the rival Garden bit a little too far. My guess is that they're just waiting it out to see if we jump over there and police their country for them, which is complete bullshit if you'll excuse the language."

"However, whatever happens, don't let your anger be the cause of your training. Be sure to never become stronger out of anger. Become stronger in order to protect, not destroy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 am

There were several moments of silence before Myghin said softly, "I had a few friends from when I lived in Timber... we stayed in contact after I moved. Nell didn't know but... I received a letter from my best friend's mother. She was killed in the crossfire. She's my age, but she's not a candidate...she was just on her way to school." Her fist clenched again, and Myghin began roughly shoving the rest of her things into her bag. "I want to prevent that from happening again." She didn't notice that her hands were trembling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Thu May 08, 2008 1:09 am

Oren bit his lip slightly as he remained quiet and listened to Myghin speak. "I'm sorry to hear that..." He reached down and took her hands, patting them in an attempt to comfort her...something he had never been good at. "Just stick to your training and you'll be okay. Seed will take care of it soon enough, I'm certain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   Sat May 10, 2008 9:54 pm

"I'm sure that they will, but how many more have to die before something is done?" Myghin's shoulders sagged a little, and then she slung her bag back over them. "I think I'm going to go now, Instructor Sjet. I'll see you later." And with that, she was gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Study Spot   

Back to top Go down

A Study Spot
Page 1 of 1