Junction Memories
Junction Memories
Junction Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

A Quiet Day (cont'd)...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Myghin
Balamb Junior SeeD Candidate

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character sheet
Sex: Female

A Quiet Day (cont'd)... Empty
PostSubject: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:52 pm

((Story came from here.))

Myghin took the basket from her sister and gently spread the little blanket that she knew Nell would include. The two settled down lightly on it before unpacking the rest of the basket, which included more than just bread. Myghin closed her eyes happily, breathing in deeply the scent of home-made bread, of little wrapped butter sticks, of the cold cuts that were also packed, and she happily opened up a bottle of her favorite soda. Nell never forgot things like that. And of course, there was enough that when they were done, even after sharing with Instructor Sjet, there would be enough to take back to her dorm tonight.

"Nell, you spoil me so! This summer, when class lets out, you have to teach me your secrets of cooking!"
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Number of posts : 52

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Laughing, Nell smoothed her little sister's hair before replying, "Of course, but the question is will you be able to sit still enough to learn?" She grinned, and she gently took the knife from the basket to cut the bread into thick, crusty slices. She handed Myghin a little package of butter and smiled before smoothing her skirt, too. Absently, she began to fix Instructor Sjet's place on the blanket, making sure that he would have a few pieces of bread, a thing of butter, cold cuts, and a soda. Finally done with that, she fixed her own share, and then made certain there were still some things in the basket.
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Character sheet
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:05 pm

After a few minutes, he finally walked into the Quad, finding them over on a blanket as he approached them. Still carrying the books, he sat down gently and opened one of the books. Just then, he extended a hand to Myghin's sister.

"I'm sorry, I haven't actually introduced myself. I'm Oren Sjet," he said smiling. "I'm a teacher here and also a member of SeeD. Your sister has quite an aptitude for candidacy."
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Nell smiled softly as she shook his hand. "I've been told that many times, but it is nice to meet you. Do you teach Myghin?" Her brow furrowed slightly as she tried to remember. "I'm not sure I recall her mentioning you."
Back to top Go down
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:08 pm

"I didn't. He's not one of my instructors yet." Myghin happily worked on consuming every scrap of food that Nell had put in front of her. "He teaches the higher levels. I'll have his class in the fall; isn't that right, sir?" She looked over at her teacher, a few bread crumbs clinging to her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Oren nodded at Myghin's query. "Yes, I'll be instructing her next semester. Though, I'm not quite sure what in, though. There seems to be a shortage of GF instructors recently so I've been filling in that mostly." He looked down at the food set around his place, he blushed because he hadn't noticed it due to his looking through the books.

"Um...may I?" he asked, suddenly noticing the aroma of fresh food teasing his senses.
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:16 pm

"Of course." Nell nodded slightly toward him, then she looked over at Myghin. "GFs, eh? Have you already started using those or do you have to wait until you've been instructed in them?" She opened her can of soda, taking a sip as she looked at her sister expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:17 pm

"I don't get my first GF until after I take the course; isn't that right, Instructor?" Myghin glanced over at him, wiping her mouth on a napkin. "I think we get... Quezacotl and Shiva, right?"
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:22 pm

Oren took a bite out of the bread, closing his eyes happily as he savored the flavor. After a moment, he opened his eyes and realized that his hair had fallen into his face. He reached up and moved it past his ear, letting his earring move around in the breeze.

"That's right," he nodded. "You'll get them from the study panels once you are in my class." Oren licked his lips a bit and took a sip of the soda. "But there are many more GFs aside from those two so be sure to keep your mind open for those opportunities."

He took another bite of the bread. "This is very good! You made this yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Myghin beamed at her instructor's praise of her sister's cooking. "Of course she did. She's an amazing cook. Speaking of which, are you going to be helping with the Garden Festival this year, Nell?" Myghin picked at the cold cuts, which weren't quite as good, in her opinion, as the bread.
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Nell flushed darkly at the praise. "Yes... I pulled it out of the oven just before I went to get the rental car." She looked over at Myghin as she composed her response carefully. "Well, I'm not sure... I heard the Garden Festival won't be happening this year due to the head of the committee leaving... isn't that right, Instructor? Have you heard anything else about it?"
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Oren smiled at the both of them, enjoying his food as he heard Nell's question.

"Hmm...I'm not absolutely certain, but I think that the committee head is leaving, but I don't know about the festival being canceled." He pondered for a moment. "I usually am there to attend and enjoy the festival, I'm not part of the organizing, I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:34 pm

"Nell helps with providing food every year." Myghin nodded proudly. "But that's awful if it's cancelled... I'll have to see about organizing another group to take it over..." She withdrew then, not physically, but mentally. Chewing on a bit of meat, it was obvious that she was no longer paying attention to the two with her.
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm

"Myghin-" Nell stopped herself, sighing, but a smile was on her face. "She's gone now for a while, I'm afraid, Instructor." She turned back to face the teacher. "She's off in her own little world. So, aside from the Festival, are there other things you enjoy here? Are you from around here?" Her head tilted slightly, chocolate hair spilling over her shoulder as she picked up a piece of bread to nibble on.
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Swallowing another piece of food, he shook his head lightly. "Not originally, no. I'm from Trabia. I just recently became a teacher here, but I enjoy teaching the theory and application of the practical SeeD skills. The balls and festivals here are really very enjoyable."

He stopped after a moment as he forced himself to take another bite to keep from babbling as his face darkened a little bit.

"What about yourself? Are you from Balamb and do you spend all of your time volunteering for school festivals?" he asked, a small smirk appearing on his face.
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:49 pm

"Of course not," an impish smile played over her face. "I'm the main clerk in the Balamb Hotel. We're not from Balamb either though. We came from Timber." She shrugged slightly, and took another bite. "I find the Garden relaxing though, so I don't mind spending time here. Just never had the aptitude for SeeDship, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Ailyn Zimmer
Balamb Senior SeeD Candidate
Ailyn Zimmer

Number of posts : 29

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:49 pm

Ailyn walked into the Quad, smiling and enjoying the beautiful day. She had just come from the training center, where she had been working with her fire, doing controlled burning in some overgrown parts of the center. The fire had left its scent embedded in her clothes and she inhaled and revelled in the smell.
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:57 pm

He nodded. "I can understand. It's a pretty narrow spectrum, even so, fewer people manage to graduate. It's disappointing having to fail students, but it can't be helped." He looked at her, finishing his food. "I suppose I'll have to visit your hotel sometime, won't I?"

He looked over to smell burning stuff in the air, spotting another student. "What have you set fire to this time?" He shouted over at her as he leaned back so as to see both Nell and Ailyn in his periphery.
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:59 pm

"I'm surprised you haven't already. Balamb Garden enjoys using the hotel..." She lifted her head at the smell in the air. "What...?" Her eyes widened as she saw the young girl it was emanating from.
Back to top Go down
Ailyn Zimmer
Ailyn Zimmer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Startled, Ailyn looked around for the voice and found Instructor Sjet sitting with two others. She walked closer. "Nothing of yours this time. I was helping with the controlled burning in the training center. Parts of it were overgrown and there was a wild fire hazard." She grinned and waved at the others. "Hello I'm Ailyn, a student here."
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Oren smiled at Nell, "My missions normally don't involve me having time to stay on the island, unfortunately."

He nodded as Ailyn approached, "I'll thank you to not burn any of my stuff. Teacher's salary isn't as glamorous as you might think. You'll be making it to class, today, I trust? That exam's coming up."
Back to top Go down
Nell
Balamb Civilian
Balamb Civilian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Nell tilted her head slightly at the young girl approaching. "I'm Nell, Myghin's sister." She motioned slightly to her little sister, who was still zoning out and munching absently on a new piece of meat. "Are you hungry, Ailyn?"
Back to top Go down
Ailyn Zimmer
Ailyn Zimmer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:12 pm

"I'll be there." Ailyn waved absently at the air in response to Sjet's question. At the mention of food her stomach growled hungrily. "Yes!" She grinned and then examined Myghin closer. "I've seen Myghin around before but never really spoken to her."
Back to top Go down
Oren Sjet
Balamb SeeD Operative
Balamb SeeD Operative
Oren Sjet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:20 pm

He nodded and closed his books as he finished the last of his soda. "Well, I'm afraid I must be going. I have to finish this lesson plan and go change so that I look like a proper teacher." He extended his hand to Nell, "It was very nice to meet you, Nell. Thank you for the food. I hope that it's not too long before we meet again, miss. Please let Myghin know when she comes back to reality that she's welcome to attend class and if you''d like, you are as well." With that, he started to walk off carrying his books.
Back to top Go down
Myghin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Myghin lifted her head slowly, looking up at the newcomer. "Ailyn, isn't it?" She glanced over at Oren, then nodded. "I'm coming; I'm sorry for being so spacey. But honestly, cancelling the Garden Festival...that's an outrage!" She lifted herself up, then gave her sister a smile. "Can you put that in my room before you go? I'll see you later!" She raced off then, tagging after Instructor Sjet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Day (cont'd)...   A Quiet Day (cont'd)... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Day (cont'd)...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next